What Does Delaware State Police Federal Credit Union Do With Your Personal Information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you havewith us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and account balances
- checking account information and credit card or other deb
- payment history and transaction or loss history
When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice
All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Delaware State Police Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
What we do
How does Delaware State Police Federal Credit Union protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings
How does Delaware State Police Federal Credit Union collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- open an account or apply for financing
- provide account information or give us your contact information
- make deposits or withdrawals from your account
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Delaware State Police Federal Credit Union has no affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies
- Delaware State Police Federal Credit Union does not share with our nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include insurance companies