Car Buying Tips
- GET A LOAN AT DSP FCU; as low as 2%APR, no payment for 45 days
- Shop near the end of the month. Dealers need to meet quotas and are more willing to negotiate pricing.
- INever act too excited about a particular make and model. If the salesperson thinks you’ve already decided, he or she is less likely to offer you discounts.
- Always test-drive. Just because a car looks good on paper doesn’t mean you’ll enjoy driving it. Do some highway driving as well as driving on other roads.
- Come to the credit union and get preapproved for a loan. You’ll feel less pressured and know how much you can afford.
- Contact Motor Vehicle Certification Program for free help with vehicle information and pricing. Call 1-800-345-6827 and mention you’re a credit union member, or visit www.mvcp.com.
*APR = annual percentage rate