How to Join
Enjoy the benefits of DSPFCU membership with just $5!
Become a member with a $5 deposit in a share savings account. There are no fees required, and you will begin earning dividends from day one. To find out if you are eligible for membership, read through the criteria below. If you have any questions, contact us and we will be happy to help you.
Once you’re ready to join, read over our membership agreement.
Start saving money today!
As a credit union serving the police protection industry, we have a distinct field of membership that allows us to remain a community of peers. You are eligible to join, and take advantage of all of our products and services, if you fit both of the criteria below.
1. You work in one of the following counties:
- Queen Anne’s
2. You are employed by a federal, state, county or municipal agency or department engaged in the police protection industry.
Eligible agencies include government criminal investigation offices, police departments (including state police and park police), drug enforcement agencies, the FBI, federal police services, highway patrols, government marshals’ offices, sheriffs and constables’ offices (except court functions), emergency dispatch departments, correctional facilities and transportation security agencies. This excludes individuals who work for the court system, prosecution offices, parole offices or fire departments.
The following persons are also able to join, whether or not they fit the criteria above:
- Employees of the credit union
- Retired pensioners or annuitants from employment described above
- Spouses of persons who died while in our field of membership
- Immediate family or household members of current members
Once you’re a member you’re always a member. We invite you to enjoy our products and services even if you move or change jobs. We want to be your credit union for life.